The Broadway hit Stomp made it’s way to Sacramento for the Stomp! 25th Anniversary National Tour. We were invited to opening night, February 1st, thanks to Broadway Sacramento and the Stomp team. To start the night we met at Downtown and Vine for happy hour, along with others from Sacramento Top 10, The Blog Bloc, and Get on the Map
It was our first Sac Musicals event, so we were stoked to get to invite our friend Stephanie to enjoy the night with us. No cameras are allowed in any Broadway show so we thought we’d share some tips.
Here’s what we think you should know about Stomp:
- If you haven’t heard of this hit show, it’s described as:
“…explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The return of the percussive hit also brings some new surprises, with some sections of the show now updated and restructured and the addition of two new full-scale routines, utilizing props like tractor tire inner tubes and paint cans. Stomp. See what all the noise is about.”
- Give yourself enough time once doors open to get your picture in front of the step and repeat, go to the restroom and get a drink or snacks if you want anything. When we got in the lines were long.
- There is no intermission so make sure you plan ahead and have time for everything.
- The show run time is approximately an hour and 45 minutes. Children are allowed but no children under 4. We noticed children in attendance and I’d say make sure your kids are at an age that they could sit without getting too restless.
- There are no speaking parts or singing so pay attention to the movements and body language. Our friend forgot her glasses so she said that definitely took away from the show for her experience.
- Here’s a clip of the show to give you an idea of what to expect:
- It’s more fun with friends. We really enjoyed recapping the show over a late dinner afterward. In Sacramento, there are 7 shows left for Sacramento (it runs Feb 1 – 10, 2019) but they are touring so if you are in other cities, I’d recommend it as a fun Friday night out.
Whether this is your first show or your 20th, we’d highly recommend checking out the Stomp! 25th Anniversary Tour.